In the Tawonga & District Community Association constitution, the purpose states:
To strengthen the community of Tawonga and surrounding district by:
- Developing a sense of ‘community’, exploring new ways to address disadvantage, encouraging community participation in projects and improvements for the benefit of all residents and visitors;
- To explore opportunities for future development and growth by utilising skills and knowledge;
- Building relationships in and across the community and organizations and with all levels of government – Local, State and Federal, building on local strengths and assets;
- Identifying opportunities and formulate recommendations for new and improved community infrastructure and implementation of relevant community engagement practices.
The capacity of a community association is reflected by its level of membership which in turn strengthens the community fabric and the collective contribution towards future community opportunities and activities.
The focus of the TDCA is to promote an inclusive and collaborative environment.
Committee meeting dates for 2020 – 2021 are as follows, and association members are welcome to attend. Meetings are held at 7.00pm at the Tawonga Fire Station, alternatively via Zoom subject to community health guidelines. Meeting advice will be emailed to members prior to each meeting.
- Friday 6th November 2020
- Friday 5th February 2021
- Friday 7th May 2021
- Friday 6th August 2021 AGM
President: Eric Napier
Vice President: Trish Ryder
Secretary: Sue Ryder
Treasurer: Meryn Deans